[asterisk-users] T1/PRI dialing

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Thu Jul 24 08:39:49 CDT 2008

When dialing using a T1/PRI with a outgoing call files

Like Channel: Zap/1/95551212

is there ever a need to delay or pause in there?

I have gotten feedback from a customer that instead of dialing the 95551212
it seems to have dialed 55512 which just happened to be an internal
extension.

So it seems like it missed the 9 so then it only looked at 5 digits
internal extension
so the last 12 is dropped resulting in 55512 as the number dialed.

Does this seem likely?
Does changing the outgoing call file and adding w's to loo something
like Channel: Zap/1/ww9ww5551212
work on digital lines?
I never thought it was needed for digital.

I am using zaptel 1.4.11, libpri 1.4.3 and asterisk 1.4.21.1

Thanks,

Jerry