[asterisk-users] IP door opening devices

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Thu Jul 24 05:11:46 CDT 2008

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008, Chris Bagnall wrote:

> Greetings list,
>
> We have a client with an analogue door intercom/opening unit which we're
> attempting to replace with an IP variant. The existing unit has the
> following functionality:
>
> 1) Intercom - visitor hits "call", talks to operator

> 2) Door opening - operator can open the door by dialling a 4-digit PIN
> followed by * (the door unit interprets the DTMF tones)

> 3) Door opening - the door unit has a numeric keypad to enable approved
> persons to enter by entering the 4-digit PIN on the keypad
>
> We've tried getting the existing unit working with an ATA, but it's only
> about 50% reliable (hangup not always detected, DTMF not always
> detected, etc.), so it's probably time to look at fully IP alternatives.
>
> Any suggestions gratefully appreciated.

There was talk of this a week or 2 ago on the list - look into the
archives. I don't think there was anything that successfull though...

I have to say though - if you have such an integrated unit that needs
nothing more than an analogue connection (and power, presumably), I'd love
to know the make - for me, (or rather one of my clients) it would be
worthwhile trying to find an ATA that would work with it..

Got a name/website for the opener device?

Gordon