[asterisk-users] How can I Disable call-waiting

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Jul 23 19:01:31 CDT 2008

Rob Hillis wrote:

> If there were another usable softphone not tied to a specific platform
> (such as Cisco CallManager) that had proper support for Plantronics CS60
> USB headsets, I would have made the switch ages ago.

Does the eyeBeam have a textual local configuration file?

If so, you could probably roll your own autoprovisioning with a script
that grabs a config for a specific client IP address/MAC address/et.,
perhaps even packaging it into a custom installer.  And build a wrapper
around the executable that fetches the config every time the phone starts.

I'm not the person to ask on how to do this, as a Linux guy, but I am
sure it is possible with a little cajoling, although of course I would
opine that a UNIX-style runtime environment would lend itself to that
sort of tomfoolery much easier.

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov