[asterisk-users] Implementing an Asterisk Server behind a MeridianNorstar

John Faubion jfaubion at tx.rr.com
Wed Jul 23 17:00:07 CDT 2008

> Does anyone make an interface card that can integrate with
> the digital input of the Meridian. Not the optimal solution,
> but it allows for the current infrastructure to be retained.

By digital input do you mean a T1 interface? If so then yes several T1
interfaces are available. However I think you mean is there a gateway to use
the Meridian/Norstar phones with Asterisk. If so, yes there is a company
that makes a gateway to use the Nortel p-phones with a SIP based system.
However past experience has shown that for the less than the cost of the
gateway, I could replace the phones with IP phones and eliminate another
point of failure and the hassle of configuring it.

John