[asterisk-users] what is the magic needed from upgrading from 1.4 to 1.6

Steve Murphy murf at digium.com
Wed Jul 23 16:45:01 CDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-22 at 13:21 -0400, Jerry Geis wrote:

> > On Mon, 2008-07-21 at 16:12 -0400, Jerry Geis wrote:
> >
> > >/ <------------>
> > />/ �[Jul 21 12:53:56] NOTICE[4881]: chan_sip.c:16416 handle_request_invite:
> > /       Call from 'devcentos5x64_to_ebox4300' to extension
> >       'mediaport_audio_visual' rejected because extension not found.
> >
> > Jerry--
> >
> > from the console, type "dialplan show smvoice-mediaport", and
> > let's verify for certain that it's in there.
> >
> > I'll try to reproduce your problem in my test system here.
> >
> > murf
> >
> Steve,
>
> I get this:
>
> dialplan show smvoice-mediaport
> There is no existence of 'smvoice-mediaport' context
> Command 'dialplan show smvoice-mediaport' failed.
>

> my extensions.conf has a context:
>

> ; media
> [smvoice-mediaport]
> exten => public_address,1,Goto(smvoice-mediaport-public-address,s,1)
>
> #include "/etc/asterisk/express.dnis.conf"
>

> Then express.dnis.conf has:
> ; This file is generated from MessageNet EMACS
> ; Phone Caller ID & DNIS Manager screen
>
> ; MMAUDIO   : EBOX 4300                      -
> exten => mediaport_audio_visual,1,Goto(smvoice-mediaport-audio-visual,s,1)
>
> [smvoice-mediaport-audio-visual]
> exten => s,1,Playback(beep)
> exten => s,n,Dial(Console/dsp)
> exten => s,n,Hangup
>

> Not seeing what the problem is here. especially since 1.2 and 1.4 both work.
>
> Jerry

Jerry--

I've opened a bug in your behalf at
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=13144

Please follow the above link and hit the 'monitor issue' button there,
and
it will send you an email whenever the issue has updates. I don't know
if
you created an account on bugs.digium.com, but if you have not, it would
be a good idea (and time) to register.

I've been pounding my head against the wall with a subtle bug that I
*think* I've fixed; I've decided to commit the fix and close the above
bug, but I realize
full well that it may not be a fix to your problem!

So, here is the plan: if after I close 13144, and you update your
trunk/1.6 version of asterisk, and you still have the problem, then
re-open 13144, and
further discussion on this problem will occur via this bug report.

The bug I fixed involved a memory leak in the dialplan structures, which
has
resulted, for me, in:
1. missing contexts
2. crashes on loading
3. crashes during 'stop gracefully'

I found the problem on a code review, and valgrind verified that in some
circumstances, it was happening. Fixing it cleared up all the weird
affects.
But then again, I managed to intensify the bug by having lotsa code in
both extensions.conf, and in extensions.ael, and having the
smvoice-mediaport-audio-visual context in BOTH files. The inclusion did
not affect the results; if I included express.dnis.conf, or just pasted
its contents in place of the '#include..', it didn't matter.

So, please monitor that bug, and let me know if all is well.

murf

--
Steve Murphy
Software Developer