[asterisk-users] Suddenly my Asterisk Box Hanged up all calls

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Wed Jul 23 11:19:58 CDT 2008

Tilghman Lesher schrieb:
> On Wednesday 23 July 2008 10:15:18 Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
>> >
>> > Please upgrade to 1.4.21.2.
>>
>> Just a suggestion, Tilghman: it might have been nice to add "because it
>> fixes your specific problem", so that we wouldn't assume "because we
>> don't want to talk to you if you rev is too old".  :-)
>
> It probably fixes his specific problem, AND because I don't like diagnosing an
> issue that we've already solved

While it may sound rude that's absolutely correct. As a software
developer in many cases you are more or less sure that an issue
has already been solved so you expect the user to upgrade to the
latest version or at least to the latest minor version. Having
to hunt down problems in old versions is annoying especially for
issues that have probably already been addressed.

Grüße,
Philipp Kempgen
--
http://www.das-asterisk-buch.de  -  http://www.the-asterisk-book.com