[asterisk-users] Suddenly my Asterisk Box Hanged up all calls

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Wed Jul 23 10:44:12 CDT 2008

On Wednesday 23 July 2008 10:15:18 Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 06:39:28PM -0500, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> > On Tuesday 22 July 2008 18:32:21 Chento Arohuanca wrote:
> > > My * version: 1.4.17
> >
> > Please upgrade to 1.4.21.2.
>
> Just a suggestion, Tilghman: it might have been nice to add "because it
> fixes your specific problem", so that we wouldn't assume "because we
> don't want to talk to you if you rev is too old".  :-)

It probably fixes his specific problem, AND because I don't like diagnosing an
issue that we've already solved and that he would have figured out, if he had
bothered to try the latest release.  1.4.21.1 should have been fixed, as well,
but at that point, I had just spent 3 hours working frantically to get two
security advisories out the door, so that the community wouldn't be vulnerable
to two critical issues, and suggesting that he try a version that was
vulnerable would have been bad.

--
Tilghman