[asterisk-users] How can I Disable call-waiting

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Jul 23 01:17:23 CDT 2008

reza naraghi wrote:
> Hello
> I really need to disable the call-waiting on my sip phones
> I studied most of the posts on internet and did it on my asterisk but
> not useful.
> in fact I need a comment that I disable call-waiting but without enable
> call-limit because I want to keep the waited caller on a queue.
> I tried many states on sip.conf and also users.conf but I didn't do any
> changes on my extensions.conf and I don't know am I right?
> If you can help me to hear the busy tone(!!) on my eyebeam sip phone, in
> fact you return my work to me.
> thank you

It is known, as a matter of established fact, that it is possible to
disable call waiting on the eyeBeam phone.  How to do it is not
something in which I can instruct you, but I gather it's a fairly
straightforward process, especially if you are autoprovisioning via the
textual configuration file.

I do not see why you can't enable a call-limit of 1 on the SIP peers for
the phones.  That doesn't translate to a call-limit on your inbound
trunks.  It will just cause the call to fail.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems