[asterisk-users] [Fwd: Re: what is the magic needed from upgrading from 1.4 to 1.6]

Steve Murphy murf at digium.com
Tue Jul 22 17:42:48 CDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-22 at 13:21 -0400, Jerry Geis wrote:

> > On Mon, 2008-07-21 at 16:12 -0400, Jerry Geis wrote:
> >
> > >/ <------------>
> > />/ �[Jul 21 12:53:56] NOTICE[4881]: chan_sip.c:16416 handle_request_invite:
> > /       Call from 'devcentos5x64_to_ebox4300' to extension
> >       'mediaport_audio_visual' rejected because extension not found.
> >
> > Jerry--
> >
> > from the console, type "dialplan show smvoice-mediaport", and
> > let's verify for certain that it's in there.
> >
> > I'll try to reproduce your problem in my test system here.
> >
> > murf

Jerry--

I think you've found a bug!

I put in an smvoice-mediaport context just like the one you described
into my dialplan, and then started asterisk. It looks OK to 'dialplan
show', etc, but
when I do a 'stop gracefully', I get a core dump-- while deleting *that*
context.

So, file a bug, assign it to me. I suspect when I find the reason for
the core
dump, I will also find the reason for your problem. It's too much of a
coincidence to believe, that they are separate and independent problems.
(but, then, my name is Murphy...!)

I'm in the middle of trying to debug this; one context in 22 is
corrupted,
and at this point I have no idea why. Somthing related to the structure?
the
name itself? who knows! Hopefully I can find the problem quickly.

murf

--
Steve Murphy
Software Developer