[asterisk-users] what is the magic needed from upgrading from 1.4 to 1.6

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Tue Jul 22 13:38:57 CDT 2008

Jerry Geis wrote:
> I dont see any errors in the dialplan while loading.
> I tried to past the whole log but it was rejected.
>
> Again 1.2 works, 1.4 works, no on 1.6 I made no changes to the files.
>
> I cant even "dialplan show default" at this time.

It looks like you did not read the UPGRADE files for 1.2, 1.4, 1.6 that
should have been included in the source code.  If you read that you'll
realize that "dialplan show" command was deprecated in 1.4 and be
removed in 1.6.  Until your read those files you are going to continue
to have strange problems.  The thing is that they are not strange
problems.  They are problems you should expect if you don't read the
upgrade notes.

--
Consulting for Asterisk, Polycom, Sangoma, Digium, Cisco, LAN, WAN, QoS,
T-1, PRI, Frame Relay, Linux, and network design.  Based near