[asterisk-users] Echo Issue

matt at mattgwatson.ca matt at mattgwatson.ca
Tue Jul 22 08:24:49 CDT 2008

The Aastra 480i is also known for having pretty high sidetone volumes
which some may interpret as an echo.

These are the gain/sidetone settings I use on all my Aastra's (9112i,
9113i, 480i, and 57i)

headset tx gain: -3
headset sidetone gain: -2
handset tx gain: -6
handset sidetone gain: -5
handsfree tx gain: 0

You can probably safely ignore the headset settings unless you are
using headsets obviously... I've found those settings work fairly well
with Plantronics headsets (have a few different models in use using
those same settings).

Don;t know anything about the SNOM's so I can help ya there.

--
Matt
http://www.mattgwatson.ca