[asterisk-users] Overlap dialing via SIP

Rizwan Hisham rizwanhasham at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 05:00:00 CDT 2008

i can see from your dialplan that all the extensions except international
extension are of 12 digits. International extensions are of 13 or more
digits. here is what you can do with the international extensions, all other
extensions remain the same:

[084x]
exten => _9084XXXXXXXX,1,Macro(dialout-pstn)

[outbound-national]
exten => _90[1-2]XXXXXXXXX,1,Macro(dialout-pstn)

[087x]
exten => _9087XXXXXXXX,1,Macro(dialout-pstn)

[0906]
exten => _90906XXXXXXX,1,Macro(dialout-pstn)

[outbound-international]
exten => _900XXXXXXXXXX.,1,Dial(SIP/${OUTBOUNDTRUNK@${EXTEN}})
exten => _900XXXXXXXXXX.,2,Congestion

If you see closely i have put a dot at the end of each international
extension, this will allow you to dial atleast 13 digits. so no need to
crate extension of every length.

Best Regards
Rizwan Hisham