[asterisk-users] Problems w/Asterisk Realtime + MySQL + SIP

Walter Stanish walter at occidentsystems.com
Tue Jul 22 04:32:29 CDT 2008

>>> It looks like Asterisk is unhappy with the SIP REGISTER request coming
>>> from your softphone for some reason. It's very strange that it's
>>> occurring for two different softphones though.

> I couldn't see any sign of the console message from your first trace
> "[Jul 21 15:40:47] DEBUG[2105]: chan_sip.c:15372 sipsock_read: SIP
> message could not be handled, bad request: 1832465624 at 192.168.0.25"
> which is a bit strange.
>
> The 403 Forbidden message you are getting with the KPHone is
> definitely realted to credentials, either the username or password is
> configured incorrectly somewhere. You can test by adding the SIP
> account into sip.conf to get ti working and then after that move onto
> your relatime config.

It definitely seems to be an asterisk realtime config issue.

Just to confirm, the client and server _are_ on the same network
with no intermediate firewalls or NAT.

I just switched back to static config with the same username/password
and authentication worked first time in kphone, as it was working
before.

Zoiper, however, still has issues - unsure why, probably something
related to the fact it's pulling that external IP from somewhere.
(Some kind of automated NAT detection/STUN initialisation?)

At this point I'm unable to get any results from realtime
except a different response when I enter a username that doesn't
exist at all in the realtime tables.

Any further ideas?

Other than trying a different asterisk version, I'm feeling pretty stuck.

Regards,
Walter Stanish
Owner / Director
Occident Systems