[asterisk-users] RTP Packets Going To Wrong IP Address

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Tue Jul 22 00:33:01 CDT 2008

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008, Nicholas Blasgen wrote:

> I have a user behind a firewall who's had no issues in the past connecting
> though his firewall.  He's registered just fine.  But when he places a call,
> a large number of them have no audio on either side of the connection.  No
> one can hear him, he can't hear anyone as well.  After a lot of poking
> around (and changing many settings) I noticed that Asterisk is communicating
> the RTP packets to an internal IP address.  My server has no internal IP
> address, only an external address, so it's not like we're trying to route
> this anywhere else.
>
> As can be seen below, I've already identified the host as being behind a
> firewall and therefor to not trust packets from it.  Anyone have a
> suggestion?

Ask them if they're replaced their router recently?

If so, see if it's got a broken SIP ALG... (Some Draytek, Cisco, Zyxel for
example)

Get them to remove all port-forwarding on their firewall, remove all fancy
port/ip address settings on their phone and use a STUN server. If they are
using STUN, make sure it's working.

Gordon