[asterisk-users] Asterisk Recording tools

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Jul 21 12:36:10 CDT 2008

Gustavo A Gonzalez wrote:

> Hello all I am looking for a recording tool for large environment,
> searching on the web I found that oreka is a great tool for this issue,
> anyone knows other tool or web gui to access to asterisk recordings?
> Anyone have installed successfully oreka recording tool? Thanks for any
> data.

OrecX comes with a GUI.

Now, I won't refrain from allegations of braindeath related to its
design;  it is some gargantuan JSP/servlet-driven monstrosity that could
have been reproduced in probably 50 lines of PHP or Perl.  I've never
seen anything else that looks quite so much like a Java "web
development" fanboy's work on a rooftop, in a snowstorm, to which -
along with good software development practice - he was oblivious because
he was loaded up on meth.

But it does "work," you might say.

-- Alex

--