[asterisk-users] Cascading Asterisk PBX

Ricardo Melendez rmelendez at utep.com.mx
Mon Jul 21 12:28:33 CDT 2008

Hi to All, I have a PBX  (MAINPBX) from a Telecomm Provider, which have the
feature to transfer calls (Incoming call -> Answer -> FLASH -> Dial Number
to transfer -> Answer -> FLASH+4) and the call is transferred, but I have
the need to implement an internal ACD using Asterisk as the PBX, the trunks
connected to my Asterisk FXO ports are Extensions of my MAINPBX (ex., 5437,
5440 etc), all features work fine, but I have the need to make asterisk act
as a normal telephone when transferring calls, I need to release the line
(FXO port in my Asterisk) and make the transfer via the MAINPBX feature.

Otherwise I will use 2 lines of my Asterisk PBX to make the transfer and it
reduce the incoming lines available for my ACD.

It's possible send the commands FLASH, FLASH+4 using the incoming line to my
MAINPBX via Asterisk like a normal telephone?

Thanks in Advance.

Ricardo Melendez