[asterisk-users] Dialplan Action on Authentication

Karsten Wemheuer kwem at gmx.de
Sun Jul 20 07:41:48 CDT 2008

Hi David,

Am Sonntag, den 20.07.2008, 11:57 +0200 schrieb David Ashwood:
> Morning guys and gals,
>

> I’d like to be able to run some code when a device (soft/hardphone)
> authenticates to Asterisk.
>
> I remember reading somewhere that there’s the possibility of part of a
> dialplan can be run when a device authenticates.
>
> Does anybody have a pointer to some documentation or some pointers
> about the context that can be used when a device
> authenticates/unauthenticates to Asterisk?
>

> I’m looking for some actions to be performed on Client Authentication
> without using a manual authentication (using VMAuthenticate or
> AgentLogin).

As Alex said, it is impossible to do this from dialplan. But maybe it is
possible for You to use the manager API. On the manager interface there
is an event fired, whenever a peer (SIP or IAX) registers. So it should
be possible to logon to the manager interface, wait for the event and do
some action. If You want go back to the daiplan, you can originate a
call to a local channel when the event occurs.

HTH,

Karsten