[asterisk-users] Beep on transfer

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 22:47:08 CDT 2008

Hi John -

> I have a request that I have not been able to figure out as yet.  I need
> to be able to play a beep when a call is transfered via attended transfer.
> This is exactly what is in the bug tracker at:
> http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=3819
> Has any one found a way, elegant ot otherwise, to make something such as
> this work?
> Thanks in advance for any help.

Here's an incredibly inelegant way:  When an incoming call hits an
extension, set a channel variable to a particular value.  Put a check
in your extension logic to see if that channel variable is set (put
this before you set the channel variable). If the variable is set,
play a beep.  If it's not, don't play a beep. Extremely hackish, but
it would fulfill the request.

Yes, this would play a beep if a call was just blind transferred.  It
would also beep if the call was parked (and possibly picked up by the
same person), but you could also hack some more to avoid this.

- Noah