[asterisk-users] going from 1.4.21 to 1.6 beta 9

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Fri Jul 18 19:52:15 CDT 2008

1.4 was working fine.
I thought I would try 1.6 beta 9

from my asteirsk 1.4 server to my asterisk client 1.6beta it wont accept
the call.

[Jul 18 20:34:55] NOTICE[966]: chan_sip.c:16416 handle_request_invite:
Call from 'JJ' to extension 'jj_audio' rejected because extension not found.

I changed nothing in the config files.

I tried setting debug level to 5 and verbose to 5 all I still get is the
one liner above.

Has something changed in 1.6 that affects incoming calls (that I have
not found)
my sip.conf still has the context set to the correct value (as 1.4 did),
my extensions.conf still has that context.

Thanks for any pointers.

Jerry