[asterisk-users] Announcing AstriDevCon 2008!

Asterisk Development Team asteriskteam at digium.com
Fri Jul 18 15:49:26 CDT 2008

On September 26-28 in Glendale, Arizona, a group of Asterisk developers
will be getting together for three days of hacking, coding, testing,
designing and otherwise beating on the Asterisk code base. The event
will be hosted at the Renaissance Glendale Hotel and Spa immediately
following AstriCon 2008 and will be low-key and open only to serious
developers and contributors. We are expecting to keep the attendance to
50 people or less, including many members of the Digium Asterisk
development team (currently around 15 people).

If you wish to participate, please contact Kevin P. Fleming so he can
make arrangements with you. We will need to have the final list of
attendees in place by August 15th or so, so that hotel accommodations
can be confirmed. You can find accommodation and travel information on
the AstriCon website at http://www.astricon.net.

Each attendee will be responsible for their own travel, meals and
lodging costs; the conference sessions will only have a beverage bar and
light snacks. There will be free wireless Internet access in the meeting
room and in the guest rooms at the Renaissance.

This year we plan to focus our efforts on media stream handling and
codec (format) negotiations; at the previous two DevCons we have talked
about these topics but not made any significant progress, and it's time
to get the work done to improve Asterisk so it can do a better job
handling complex media streams and changing codec requirements.

If you are interested in attending, send an email application to
kpfleming at digium.com including your name, your involvement with Asterisk
(or related projects), and who is sponsoring your attendance (if any
company or person is doing so). We will accept applications until August
15th, and then make the decisions about who we can accept based on their
level of contribution and the space available at the event.