[asterisk-users] WaitForSilence Problems

Nicholas Blasgen nicholas at blasgen.com
Fri Jul 18 12:50:21 CDT 2008

Actually, I thought about it for a while.  What I want is something that
will allow me to restart the message if another sound is detected.
Something like this:

exten => answermachine,1,Answer()
exten => answermachine,n,WaitForSilence(1000,2)
exten => answermachine,n,Background(message)
exten => answermachine,n,GotoIf($[${BACKGROUND}=DETECTED]?replay:exit)
exten => answermachine,n(replay),Playback(message)
exten => answermachine,n(exit),Hangup()

But Background() is looking for a DTMF tone and doesn't even work the way I
described up there.  Is there a function that looks for any significant
sound (ie, a BEEEEP) that will return and not continue the audio?