[asterisk-users] Experience with Vicidial

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Jul 17 09:23:05 CDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 08:33:44PM -0400, Ein Bielaczyc wrote:
> I have a small customer looking to update their aged telemarketing
> system. I ran across astGUIclient and Vicidial
> (http://astguiclient.sourceforge.net/) during a Google search and was
> wondering if anyone had any experiences to share, positive or
> negative.

Well, I'm not quite as biased as Matt... :-)

(For those not playing the home game, I've been the network admin at
VICI Marketing, where VD was written, for about 4 months now...)

It's not bad.

It's very big and powerful, and therefore it's a touch complex, which
is unavoidable, but by and large, it Just Works: most of the problems I
see here are peripherals issues, rather than the core.

We run 240ish seats, which we're about to expand to 260ish, on 12
fronter servers and one Core2Quad closer server (which handles over 70
seats by itself); all closers record all calls (tmpfs).

Is it perfect?  No.  But a lot of the problems I have with it come more
from the fact that I'm new to it, I think, than that it's bad.

Let's just say that managing that for production and 30 other servers
and 40 other Windows machines leaves me plenty of time to keep up on
Slashdot.  :-)

If there are any specific questions you have, lay 'em on me.

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.
	       -- (Josef Stalin)