[asterisk-users] SIP Testing-Tool

Johansson Olle E oej at edvina.net
Thu Jul 17 07:31:03 CDT 2008

17 jul 2008 kl. 12.51 skrev Dennis Brandenburg:

>> 17 jul 2008 kl. 12.08 skrev Dennis Brandenburg:
>>

>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Does anyone know, if there is a tool, which is doing the follwing:
>>>
>>> - Testprogram on host A establishes a sip connection to testprogramm
>>> on
>>> host B
>>> - Testprogram on host A plays a tone and Testprogram B verifies, if
>>> tone
>>> is playing correctly (without any interruptions)
>>>

>> I did this test with a Spirent Test platform.
>>
>> /O
>>
> Thank you,
>
> but isn't there a free solution?

I would love for someone to develop that application for Asterisk. It
should be doable,
but is way out of my knowledge.

The Spirent people said they where sending a "common" three tone
sequence and
tested what came back. Most of it worked fine, but when I turned on
Alaw to Ulaw and
Ulaw to Alaw transcoding in Asterisk
(1.4 early code) it could not recognize a single tone :-)

/O