[asterisk-users] How to monitor Asterisk logs ?

Erik Anderson erikerik at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 16:30:52 CDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 3:22 PM, Olivier <oza-4h07 at myamail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How can I be notified anytime a given warning message appears in Asterisk
> logs ?

Oliver -

This is a project I've had my eye on for a while:

http://www.splunk.com

I've never used it, nor have I set it up, but from reading the feature
list, it looks like it's able to keep an eye on any number of log
files and notify you if it sees an error. Unless they have built-in
asterisk support (which I doubt), I'd bet you'd need to specify some
regex rules for what constitutes an "error".

Anyway - report back if you end up giving it a try. I've wanted to get
it set up for several months now, but haven't been able to due to lack
of "play" time in my work schedule.

-Erik