[asterisk-users] Interfacing pri card to legacy pbx

Nicolas Ross rossnick-lists at cybercat.ca
Tue Jul 15 07:49:14 CDT 2008

I cannot tell for sure for any system, but we have an old Portmaster PM3
hooked-up from one port of our Sangoma A104d card, another one being from
telco.

So, yes you can "emulate" the telco from a sangoma A10x card. Here's what I
have in my zapata.conf :

;Sangoma A104 port 1 [slot:12 bus:0 span: 1]
switchtype=national
pridialplan=unknown
signalling=pri_cpe
group=1
channel => 1-23

;Sangoma A104 port 2 [slot:12 bus:0 span: 2]
echocancel=no
pridialplan=national
signalling=pri_net
group=2
channel => 25-47

You might have noticed that the signalling is different for both port.
pri_net being the "telco emulatin" one. The clock needs also to be set on
"master" in the wancfg utility.

Another thing, you might want to consider using a 2 port card for that,
because the clock master needs a reference and I can't tell for sure if
it'll work with a reference from another card.

Regards,

Nicolas