[asterisk-users] Poor audio quality with TDM400 card

Leotis buchanan leotisbuchanan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 09:14:04 CDT 2008

Guys,

When i run fxotune -i i get the following output:

sudo fxotune -i
Tuning module /dev/zap/1
Done!
/dev/zap/2 absent: No such device or address
/dev/zap/3 absent: No such device or address
/dev/zap/4 absent: No such device or address
/dev/zap/5 absent: No such file or directory
/dev/zap/6 absent: No such file or directory
/dev/zap/7 absent: No such file or directory
/dev/zap/8 absent: No such file or directory
/dev/zap/9 absent: No such file or directory
/dev/zap/10 absent: No such file or directory
/dev/zap/11 absent: No such file or directory

is this the expected output ?

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 7:06 AM, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 06:25:34AM -0500, Leotis buchanan wrote:
>
> > I tried fxotune -i 4 , i was wondering since my fxo  card is on channel
> 1,
> > should it not be fxotune -i 1.
>
> The extra parameter after i is now (even in latest zaptel 1.2) optional.
> If used, it is considered to be the the value of -n (the dial string to
> use). It is not related to the channel numbers to use (see the optional
> -b and -e about those).
>
> In other words: use 'fxotune -i' and don't worry about optional
> parameters.
>
> > Well , fxotune started ,but the tx and rx
> > kept oscillating between 200 and about 217. It ran for ever.
>
> Where exactly do you see those values?
>
> --
>               Tzafrir Cohen
> icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com<jabber%3Atzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>
> +972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
> http://www.xorcom.com  iax:guest at local.xorcom.com/tzafrir

Leotis Buchanan
Manager/Electronic Design Systems Engineer
Exterbox.com