[asterisk-users] Poor audio quality with TDM400 card

Leotis buchanan leotisbuchanan at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 11:45:57 CDT 2008

Hey Guys,

I have configured my first asterisk box. it works ok so apart, but the
playback sound quality is terrible, its low  and the output sounds distorted
and its seems to have been clipped.

Can anyone help.

On Sun, Jul 13, 2008 at 11:00 AM, Chris Rowson <christopherrowson at gmail.com>
wrote:

> >> Hi, this is my first post to the list, but I have tried to search
> >> elsewhere for a solution
> >> <SNIP>
> >> I'm using sipgate.co.uk for incoming calls, but when I make a test
> >> call from the PSTN, the call just dies without connecting to my
> >> Astlinux box. (I'm monitoring asterisk console via 'asterisk -rvvvvv'
> >> and see nothing).
> >> <SNIP>
>
> Thanks for the suggestions. I ran tcpdump and it indicated that
> traffic on that port was being forwarded to the asterisk server. It
> looks like I basically wrote a load of nonsense in the extensions.conf
> file. I edited the file to input the extension the incoming call
> should be coming from and it now works.
>
> Working file ---
>
> [from-pots]
> exten => 277****,1,Answer()
> exten => 277****,n,Wait(3)
> exten => 277****,n,Playback(tt-weasels)
> exten => 277****,n,Hangup()
>
> So in summary it was basically me misconfiguring the box...
>
> Cheers
>
> Chris

Leotis Buchanan
Manager/Electronic Design Systems Engineer
Exterbox.com