[asterisk-users] Incoming call does not reach asterisk.

J. Oquendo sil at infiltrated.net
Sat Jul 12 20:48:08 CDT 2008

On Sun, 13 Jul 2008, Chris Rowson wrote:

> Hi, this is my first post to the list, but I have tried to search
> elsewhere for a solution, and have had a read of 'Asterisk - The
> Future of Telephony'. So you could say that I have at least tried to
> RTFM as it were!
>
> I've configured a couple of Asterisk instances on both Debian and
> CentOS based VPS's, and got them working fine. However, I recently
> installed a copy of Astlinux and installed on a WRAP board and I'm
> totally stuck!
>
> I'm using sipgate.co.uk for incoming calls, but when I make a test
> call from the PSTN, the call just dies without connecting to my
> Astlinux box. (I'm monitoring asterisk console via 'asterisk -rvvvvv'
> and see nothing).
>
> I wondered if it might be a problem with Asterisk not listening
> properly, or perhaps a problem with my home firewall. Would anyone be
> kind enough to advise me as to where I may have gone wrong?
>
> Thanks, Chris.
>
> My sip.conf looks like this:
>
> register => 277****:********t at sipgate.co.uk/277****

You should use ngrep when making a call to see what is happening on
the wire. You don't mention whether or not you can make outbound calls
so I will ask now, can you make outbound calls?

What do you see on a sip show peer 277**** is your line registered.

I'm unsure about Astlinux but if you've seen em one you've seen em
all, is iptables running on the machine itself (iptables -L), is
the device connected properly, can it reach other places say Google.

Are you doing NAT if so, did you configure a STUN server, did you
specific NAT in sip.conf.

In a terminal on the configured box - run the following:
ngrep -d YOUR_ETHERNET_CARD 227**** udp port 5060

Place a call, what do you see, if nothing comes through (these
are SIP messages by the way) then its not hitting your machine
period, whether its a firewall, ACL on a router, doesn't make
a difference, its not hitting the box, you have to troubleshoot
from there. Starting point, throw the box in a DMZ, with the
same ngrep command, place another call, technically you should
see some messages hitting the machine.

Have you contacted your provider, are they doing any kind of
IP address filtering, SIP filtering.

--
J. Oquendo

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best
forms (of government) those entrusted with power
have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted
it into tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

wget -qO - www.infiltrated.net/sig|perl

http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x3AC173DB