[asterisk-users] Incoming call does not reach asterisk.

Chris Rowson christopherrowson at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 18:03:29 CDT 2008

Hi, this is my first post to the list, but I have tried to search
elsewhere for a solution, and have had a read of 'Asterisk - The
Future of Telephony'. So you could say that I have at least tried to
RTFM as it were!

I've configured a couple of Asterisk instances on both Debian and
CentOS based VPS's, and got them working fine. However, I recently
installed a copy of Astlinux and installed on a WRAP board and I'm
totally stuck!

I'm using sipgate.co.uk for incoming calls, but when I make a test
call from the PSTN, the call just dies without connecting to my
Astlinux box. (I'm monitoring asterisk console via 'asterisk -rvvvvv'
and see nothing).

I wondered if it might be a problem with Asterisk not listening
properly, or perhaps a problem with my home firewall. Would anyone be
kind enough to advise me as to where I may have gone wrong?

Thanks, Chris.

My sip.conf looks like this:

[general]
context = default               ;default context for incoming calls
bindport = 5060
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0
srvlookup = yes
disallow=all            ;disallow all codecs
allow=alaw              ;except alaw (1st pref)
allow=ulaw              ;and ulaw (second pref)

register => 277****:********t at sipgate.co.uk/277****

[sipgate]               ;sipgate sip in on 01482 77****
type=peer
context=from-pots
fromuser=277****
username=277****
authuser=277****
secret=***********
host=sipgate.co.uk
fromdomain=sipgate.co.uk
dtmfmode=inband
insecure=very
canreinvite=no
disallow=all
allow=alaw
allow=ulaw
nat=yes
qualify=yes
My extensions.conf looks like this:

[general]
static=yes
writeprotect=np
autofallthrough=yes
clearglobalvars=no
priorityjumping=no

[from-pots]
exten => s,1,Answer()
exten => s,n,Wait(3)
exten => s,n,Playback(tt-weasels)
exten => s,n,Hangup()

and netstat looks like this

Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State
tcp        0      0 *:www                   *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:ftp                   *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:ssh                   *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:https                 *:*                     LISTEN
udp        0      0 *:1025                  *:*
udp        0      0 *:1026                  *:*
udp        0      0 *:1027                  *:*
udp        0      0 *:1028                  *:*
udp        0      0 *:1029                  *:*
udp        0      0 *:1030                  *:*
udp        0      0 *:1031                  *:*
udp        0      0 *:1032                  *:*
udp        0      0 *:2727                  *:*
udp        0      0 *:4520                  *:*
udp        0      0 *:5060                  *:*
udp        0      0 *:tftp                  *:*
udp        0      0 *:4569                  *:*
udp        0      0 *:5353                  *:*
udp        0      0 *:5353                  *:*
udp        0      0 *:5353                  *:*
udp        0      0 *:5353                  *:*
udp        0      0 *:5353                  *:*
udp        0      0 *:5353                  *:*
udp        0      0 *:5353                  *:*
udp        0      0 *:5353                  *:*
udp        0      0 *:ntp                   *:*