[asterisk-users] MagicJack quality

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Sat Jul 12 08:54:37 CDT 2008

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 9:32 AM, Michael Graves <mgraves at mstvp.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 19:26:06 -0400, Steve Totaro wrote:
>
>>As Michael Graves points out, people will hack it to run on thin
>>clients and why not virtual machines with very limited access?  Maybe
>>an AP with a USB port and OpenWRT or something?
>
> Since it needs to run their app it's probablly limited to x86 right
> now. Thin clients running XPe are suitable hosts, probably not routers.
> Not open source so a port is unlikely.
>
> Michael
>
> --
> Michael Graves
> mgraves<at>mstvp.com
> http://blog.mgraves.org
> o713-861-4005
> c713-201-1262
> sip:mjgraves at pixelpower.onsip.com
> skype mjgraves
> 54245 at fwd.pulver.com

I read on one page that linux support was to come later "this year".

Do you know how many times I have seen or heard "An Open Source Port
is not Likely"?

Who says it "must" run their app?  Can it run in Wine?  Where there is
a will there is a way.  Sniff enough packets and with some mojo,
anything can be emulated on the wire.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro