[asterisk-users] Asterisk cant play sounds from AGI

Daniel Hazelbaker daniel at highdesertchurch.com
Fri Jul 11 10:10:38 CDT 2008

On Jul 10, 2008, at 7:54 PM, Edwin Quijada wrote:

> Hi! I am a newbie using Asterisk. I am developing an IVR using perl
> from AGI and Cepstral as voices
> The AGI is this

[snip]
> My problem is that i cant hear anything when play the file sound
> using  $AGI->stream_file($filename);
> I put asterisk in verbose mode but just see that it plays the sound
> but I cant hear anything.
>
> I thought maybe was the codec but asterisk can play .wav
> But this works
> $AGI->say_number('9865');

If Asterisk says it is playing the file, then I would suspect the file
itself has nothing to say.  Try copying the file to your computer and
playing it.  If it does indeed play locally on your computer with
audio, double check to make sure it is in the right format.  I use AGI
to play files all the time.  Actually, I use an AGI script as my whole
menu and dialing system to replace having to do it in AEL (so much
nicer to add a single MySQL record and suddenly have voicemail and
direct dial work instantly).

Daniel