[asterisk-users] Asterisk as an IVR solution

Douglas Garstang dougmig33 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 11 10:04:40 CDT 2008

Ugh. Yes, the variables are local to the current channel. However, they are global to the entire dial plan within the current channel. I have stepped on myself many times because I've had a loop counter called $i for example, jumped somewhere else within that loop, reused the same variable name, $i, and screwed up my logic.

Surely you where aware that's the type of thing I was talking about. I'd be surprised if you didn't.

Doug.