[asterisk-users] Analog lines dtmf problem

Andrew Nowrot andrew.nowrot at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 02:50:14 CDT 2008

Hi

I have a problem with dtmf recognition an analog lines connected to Sangoma
A200. The digits (in most cases the first one) are doubled and so my IVR is
useless. I tried to adjust the rxgain, toneduration and relxing the dtmf but
nothing worked. I also noticed one thing it only happens during the
background application:

exten => s,1,Background(soundfile)

exten => 111,1,Dial(SIP/111)
exten => 122,1,Dial(SIP/122)

it never happens in WaitExten application:

exten => s,1,WaitExten(25)
exten => _XX.,1,Noop(${EXTEN})   ---- in ${EXTEN} I always have all digits
that I pressed in correct order and amount.

Can you tell me what cause this:
is it the background application (the bug in asterisk), analog lines (in all
my installations of asterisk where I utilize the A200 card I have some
problems with dtmf), or the card (maybe digium cards are better in DFTM
recognition).

I asked sangoma tech support for help but so far with no result.

I have preform some tests and I have connected the two asterisk PBX one with
digium TDM400 and fxs ports with another asterisk with A200 sangoma card and
fxo ports and in this case dtmf recognition is 100% accurate. The same
happens when I connect the SIP ATA with fxs port to sangoma fxo port - 100%
OK.

What do you think about this?

Cheers
Andrew