[asterisk-users] Should I remove the blank options?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu Jul 10 19:14:30 CDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 11:36:49AM +1200, Lists wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am very new to asterisk and I am just looking through the config files
> to try and understand them a bit.
> In my zapata-auto.conf file I have
> ; Span 2: WCTDM/1 "Wildcard TDM400P REV I Board 2"
> ;;; line="5 WCTDM/1/0 FXOKS (In use)"
> signalling=fxo_ks
> callerid="Channel 5" <6005>
> mailbox=6005
> group=5
> context=from-internal
> channel => 5
> callerid=
> mailbox=
> group=
> context=default
>
> Is there any reason I have two callerid mailbox group and context?
> Should I remove the second lot.
> Also both contexts are defined one as from-internal and the other as
> default will this cause a problem if left?

The format of zapata.conf (up until 1.4) required that workaround. When
the configuration is generated, it is generated for each channel
separately. If I set the context to, say, "from-internal" for this
channel, I cannot assume it won't be something else on another one.

One method to combat this is to always set all the "options" for all
channels. Even options I don't need for this channel: I might use them
on another one.

Or even worse: what happens if someone #include-s some arbitrary zaptel
configuration in zapata.conf after zapata-channels.conf (as is in, e.g.,
trixbox).

So I chose to try to "reset" the options. I can't just "save" the
configuration before configuring the channel and "restore" it later.
So I must revert to resetting to defualt values.

The proper fix: in Asterisk 1.6 zapata.conf supports separate contenxts
for channels. This allows me to safely apply some configurations just
for a single channel (or a group of them).

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com