[asterisk-users] Zap Bridged Channels

Cosmin Prund cosmin.prund at adicomsoft.ro
Thu Jul 10 09:15:48 CDT 2008

I've had a similar problem with a A101DX + A202DX. I was trying to bridge from my A101 to my A202 to get faxes over my E1 line. I've done an number of things, I'm not exactly sure which one helped, but it now works very nice for fax:

(1) Using "zap show channel N" on the CLI I noticed that echo canceling was on even those I was bridging two Zap devices. I disabled the HWEC on my A202 card and it's now ok (no echo cancel on the A202 card). This was an option for me because I'm only doing fax on the analog card. I don't think this had a lot to do with the final "fix" of the problem.

(2) I emailed Sangoma and they told me there's a newer version of the drivers that tweek the echo cancel algorithm to make it better suited for fax. The driver was beta at the time so I didn't try it. You might want to contact Sangoma yourself!

(3) I fixed my "zttest" timing! When I tested I had really bad timing (94,00 worst and < 99,00 average). The docs and the wiki say that's bad timing but I had absolutely no problems with voice quality. None! And I've only done one thing to fix my timing: "/etc/init.d/irqbalance restart". I have no idea why that makes a difference but it does and I've now got 99,95 average timing from zttest with the worst being over 99,00. You might want to try this yourself since you also seem to have the "X" (pci express) version of the card.

--

Cosmin Prund