[asterisk-users] (announce) asterisk T.38 gateway

Rob Hillis rob at hillis.dyndns.org
Thu Jul 10 07:52:02 CDT 2008

Steve Underwood wrote:
> marek cervenka wrote:
>
>> hi,
>>
>> there is T.38 fax gateway for asterisk
>> http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=12931
>>
>> please test it and report bugs
>>
>> for people from
>> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+T.38+Bounty
>> if you still want donate t.38 development please contact me at cervajs at
>> fpf.slu.cz
>>

> And you will, of course, pass on 99% of the money to those who did 99%
> of the work, won't you? :-)
>
> This is the problem with bounties. They favour those who easily string
> together existing functionality, rather than those who do the heavy
> lifting. I know several of bounties that have been paid to people who
> wrote just a few lines of code to string together some of the
> functionality I provided.

Undoubtedly I will get myself flamed for suggesting this, but perhaps it
may pay for you to be a little more attentive to the bounties that are
on offer.  The bounty offered may utilise a lot of your code, but a
library without an interface (be it a user interface or a technical
interface) is just a blob of code.

If developing the end user code doesn't interest you, that's fine - but
don't take it out on people who take your work that extra step to make
it do what someone else is willing to offer money for.