[asterisk-users] fxotune: Unable to set impedance

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu Jul 10 00:07:34 CDT 2008

Hi

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 01:45:02AM +0200, Udo Schacht-Wiegand wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we have a strong echo on an Astribank running on
> Asterisk 1.2.29-BRIstuffed-0.3.0-PRE-1y-s
> The echo is on the opposite site of the analogue phones
> connected to the Astribank.

So this is an FXS module.

> I tried to use fxotune. It is a production system, so I cannot
> shutdown Asterisk for long, I did:
>
> CLI> zap destroy channel 120
>
> and then:
>
> # fxotune -vvv -i -b 120 -e 120
> Tuning module /dev/zap/120
> Unable to set impedance on fd 4
> Failure!
> Unable to tune 1 devices, even though those devices are present
>
> What can I do to use fxotune?

fxotune only works with FXO modules. It helps reducing the generated
echo by tuning some knobs on the analog/digital conversion chip of the
FXO port. Those knobs are rather specific to that chip.

For starters, do you have echo cancellation enabled?

  asterisk -rx 'zap show channel 120' | grep 'Echo'

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com