[asterisk-users] Performance issues

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Wed Jul 9 22:24:00 CDT 2008

On Wednesday 09 July 2008 19:15:03 Steve Edwards wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Jul 2008, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> > On Wednesday 09 July 2008 16:50:09 Steve Totaro wrote:

> >> Not recommended and not supported would imply it doesn't work.  I think
> >> it works so who doesn't support it and why not?
> >
> > It may work to some degree, but it is not the intended usage.  If you
> > report a bug related to the fact that you run a command that is meant to
> > be used only on a hungup channel, and you're using a live channel, it
> > will be closed, as that functionality is not supported.
>
> Maybe a better response would be "using this command on a live channel is
> not supported because it does not fit in our concept of the product. Can
> you convince us otherwise?"

No, it simply won't work well.  I've actually addressed this in 1.6, where
DeadAGI is going away entirely (well, deprecated), and AGI will make the
transition from running on a live channel to a hungup channel transparently.
This resolves the problem for the future.

It's not that we're uncaring about how people use DeadAGI; it's that it is
fundamentally incapable of behaving correctly in all circumstances on a live
channel.  In other words, it's unsupported for a good reason.

--
Tilghman