[asterisk-users] Simple Call Screener

Ryan M. Colbert Ryan.Colbert at rissman.com
Wed Jul 9 16:54:28 CDT 2008

I'm trying to build a simple accept/reject screening app for inbound calls that * forwards to my cell phone.  Basically I want * to announce the caller ID and then let me press 1 to accept the call or 2 to reject the call and send the outside party to voicemail.

I've been messing around with variation of the script below... can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?  It's got to be something obvious that I've overlooked.

Thanks!!!

[main]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,n,Ringing
exten => s,n,Wait(1)
exten => s,n,Dial(SIP/+1... at bandwidth.com_outbound,120,gM(screen))
exten => s,n,PlayBack(vm-goodbye)
exten => s,n,Hangup

[macro-screen]
exten => s,1,Wait(1)
;exten => s,n,SayDigits(${CALLERID(num)})
exten => s,n,Set(TIMEOUT(digit)=5)
exten => s,n,Set(TIMEOUT(response)=30)
exten => s,n,Background(accept-reject)

exten => 1,1,Set(MACRO_RESULT=CONTINUE)