[asterisk-users] Performance issues

Thameem Ansari thameem.ansari at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 14:06:56 CDT 2008

There is no performance impact if you use AGI or DeadAGI. The only
difference is, if you use AGI it will not continue executing the dialplan if
the calling party hangsup the call. DeadAgi, will continue executing the
dialplan and its upto the applications responsibility to hangup the channel.
So, the application should be aggressive enough to hangup the channel to
avoid wrong cdr durations.

Even if you use asterisk-java, you need to use deadagi to calculate the
billing cost etc. If you use FastAgi or Agi you will not get a chance to
calculate the billing cost once the channel hangsup. In asterisk 1.4 they
deprecated the deadagi and issuing bogus warning about using deadagi is not
recommended in live channel. But in 1.6 they removed deadagi and brought the
similar behaviour to agi or fastagi. So, you will not have problem
calculating the cost etc when you use Agi.

-Thameem