[asterisk-users] music on hold realtime

Nhadie nhadie at tbgi.net.ph
Wed Jul 9 12:20:06 CDT 2008

Hi additional question on music on hold.

scenario: both using x-lite

two extensions 101 and 102

101 calls 102
102 click onhold button
101 hears music (the music is what 101 uploaded)
102 offhold call
101 press onhold button
102 hears music (the music is what 102 uploaded)
call put offhold
call hangup

vice versa
102 calls 101
101 click onhold button
102 hears music (the music is what 102 uploaded)
101 offhold call
102 press onhold button
101 hears music (the music is what 101 uploaded)
call put offhold
call hangup

so basically, when a call is put on hold, the user hears it's own music.
my understanding of musiconhold, whoever pushes the onhold button, the
other end should hear the music of whoever puts the call onhold.

am i understanding it correctly? is my question clear =D?
Thanks for you help.

regards,
nhadie