[asterisk-users] Zap Bridged Calls do not continue dialplan

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Wed Jul 9 11:59:21 CDT 2008

On Wednesday 09 July 2008 08:24:25 Kevin Leinenweaver wrote:
> Hello all!
> I'm having problem with the calls that come through my asterisk box
> and back out to our legacy pbx, it seems to be that even if the call
> is ringing and not picked up yet, zap reports the line as answered,
> why is it doing that?

Due to the lack of distinctive signalling on analog lines, Zaptel always
sees the line as answered immediately upon dialling the line.  If you'd
like more possible states, you're going to have to use a digital trunk,
such as PRI or a SIP trunk provider.

> Also it wont stay connected for the correct amount of rings, wont
> continue the dialplan after zap makes it hangup. The same thing
> happens if the line is busy from dialing the legacy pbx.

See the 'g' option in the Dial app.  If you want to go on in the dialplan
after the connecting channel has hung up, you need this option.

--
Tilghman