[asterisk-users] Help with sip configuration

Joseph Jacobson jacobson at pobox.com
Mon Jul 7 22:10:23 CDT 2008

On 07/07/08 21:40, Joseph Jacobson wrote:
>On 07/08/08 11:55, Matt Riddell wrote:
>>
>>Ok, if you type:
>>
>>core set verbose 10
>>
>>and
>>
>>core set debug 10
>>
>>Then drop the file into /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing
>>
>>a) does the file disappear
>>b) does anything come up in the console
>>c) what is the date on the file i.e.:
>>
>>send us
>>
>>ls -alh /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing
>>
>>and
>>
>>date
>>

>Tried this and saw nothing in the console.  Thought this was telling
>so I overwrote my modules.conf with the sample modules.conf.  Restarted.
>Asterisk attempted to process the call file after this.
>
>Doesn't look like it picked up and processed the extension correctly.
>The "To:" line in the sip dialog below doesn't include the number I'm
>trying to dial.  Does that point to a problem(s) in my extensions.conf,
>sip.conf, call file, or something else?

Just a heads up, I was able to get this to work.  After the modules.conf
problem, I decided it had to be a call file problem.

Changed this:

Channel: SIP/user1
Callerid: 2225551111
MaxRetries: 5
RetryTime: 300
WaitTime: 45
Context: outboundmsg1
Extension: 2225552222

into this:

Channel: SIP/user1/2225552222
MaxRetries: 5
RetryTime: 300
WaitTime: 45
Context: outboundmsg1
Extension: outgoing_calls

That did the trick.  After adding an "[authentication]" stanza to my
sip.conf and tacking on an "outboundproxy" to the channel definition, it
successfully dialed out.

Thanks for all the help Matt,

Joe