[asterisk-users] SIP or SCCP for cisco

Raj Jain rj2807 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 17:46:28 CDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 5:31 PM, M B <mb850t at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have the option of running either SIP or SCCP for my cisco VoIP
> rollout..can someone shed light on what the pros/cons are?  Seems
> everything is SIP these days so that's the option im leaning.  Thanks-

I'm not sure how this question relates to Asterisk and I don't have a
list of pros/cons, but in my personal experience I've found their SCCP
phone images to be a slight bit ahead of their SIP phone images in
terms of features and operation. This could be due to business
reasons. I've found and reported a few bugs on CUCM 6.X SIP stack (we
didn't see these issues on their SCCP phones). That said, SIP is an
open standard and I think you're leaning in the right direction if you
expect you're phones to inter-operate with things other than CUCM in
the future.

--
Raj Jain