[asterisk-users] QueueMemberStatus

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Mon Jul 7 17:28:54 CDT 2008

Jason Dixon wrote:
> I'm trying to get some useful status info on Asterisk queues.  Using the
> Asterisk::Manager perl module, I've attempted to gather Queues and
> QueueStatus, but neither are useful.  In fact, Queues only returns one
> out of four possible queues.
>
> I found references online to QueueMemberStatus, which is enabled by
> 'eventmemberstatus = yes' in queues.conf.  I've enabled this, but I
> get invalid command errors through the Manager or the CLI.  Below I've
> pasted dumps of each Action (QueueMemberStatus, QueueStatus, Queues).
> If anyone can offer some alternative suggestions on how to query the
> number of free extensions in a queue, I'm all ears.
>

> $VAR1 = {
>           'Message' => 'Invalid/unknown command',
>           'Response' => 'Error'
>         };
> $VAR1 = {
>           'Message' => 'Queue status will follow',
>           'Response' => 'Success'
>         };
> $VAR1 = {
>           'Completed' => '',
>           'Holdtime' => '',
>           'Event' => 'QueueParams',
>           'ServicelevelPerf' => '0.0',
>           'Calls' => '',
>           'Queue' => 'support_queue',
>           'Weight' => '',
>           'ServiceLevel' => '',
>           'Abandoned' => '',
>           'Max' => ''
>         };
>

> Thanks,

QueueMemberStatus is a manager event, not an action. The event is sent every
time that a member's status changes by default. By setting eventmemberstatus=no,
these events will not be sent out.

The QueueStatus action causes QueueMember, QueueParams, and QueueEntry events to
be sent out when executed. These should give information about the queue whose
status has been queried. I'm not sure how the Asterisk::Manager perl module
works, but if you can be watching for these events somehow, you should see them.

As for the final command, Queues, the output you gave would make sense if there
are no members in the queue, no callers had been handled yet, and there was no
weight or maxlen set in queues.conf. I'm not sure if that's the case in this
scenario or not.

Mark Michelson