[asterisk-users] First-time queue app: verifying human member?

Erik Anderson erikerik at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 17:22:35 CDT 2008

Good evening all - for the first time, I'm implementing my first-ever
queue in asterisk. Overall, it's a pretty simple setup, 4 static
members, very low call volume, etc. The one thing that has stumped me
so far, though, is the following...

This is a queue I'm setting up for contacting our IT support staff
off-hours. As such, I've just added the cell phone numbers of our
staff as members. I'd like to somehow verify that it's an actual human
answering the phone when a member is dialed and not their mobile
phone's voicemail. Is that possible? I'd envision just requesting that
the member press "1" or something to accept the call. I currently have
the timeout in queues.conf set low enough so that the call will never
automatically roll over to that member's mobile voicemail, but I can't
guaranty that the staff member won't just hit "Ignore" on their phone
and send it directly to voicemail.

Ideas?
Thanks!
-Erik