[asterisk-users] US T1 Hangup Detection

Daniel Hazelbaker daniel at highdesertchurch.com
Mon Jul 7 15:39:03 CDT 2008

We are in the process of preparing to move our Asterisk server to a
Digital T1 interface card instead of a analog card (via an Adtran
which is now connected to the T1).  I did a preliminary test the other
day and hooked the T1 line up to the T1 card, bypassing the Adtran.
This worked rather well I must say.  The two issues I ran into are:

1) Caller ID is not working even though I enabled it. I simply do not
see _anything_ related to caller ID going on. (not major, I am not
even sure the phone company has it setup properly so I need to talk to
them first, Verizon)

2) Asterisk is not detecting the far end hangup.  Through the Adtran
it does, but direct digital it does not.  I bridged an incoming call
to an analog phone and listened as I hung up the far end (cell-call).
I hear a audible "click", silence, and then after maybe a half second
I hear dialtone.  I tried turning on hanguponpolarity switch, tried
turning it off, tried turning callprogress on and off, still does not
detect the hangup.  Am I missing something obvious in Asterisk (this
is my first digital hookup)?  I read somewhere that Asterisk is
already suppose to detect dialtone to know that the far-end hungup.
Do I need to call my phone company and get details on exactly how they
are triggering the hangup, though I would think with digital it "just
happens").

Daniel