[asterisk-users] Return VXML vars to Dial Plan

Douglas Garstang dougmig33 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 7 12:03:01 CDT 2008

I'm using i6net's vxml browser in Asterisk.

I'm trying to work
out how I can return the inputs from a menu or form back into the
Asterisk dial plan. Is there a variable?
The exit tag apparently can be used to return a value (still trying to
work out how to do that), but what about multiple values, such as with
a form?

If you don't return variables back into the dial plan, how do you execute Asterisk applications, such as the dial() command once your inside VXML? It would seem that executing the VXML() app, removes any chance of doing anything else with Asterisk. Isn't that kind of a MAJOR problem? Am I missing something?

Doug.