[asterisk-users] Sipura SPA-3102 and Asterisk

David Siegel David.Siegel at twosigma.com
Sun Jul 6 14:12:41 CDT 2008

I have a Sipura SPA-3102 that I use to connect an analog phone to Asterisk.  The analog phone (actually, an analog extension from a Panasonic PBX - but this should not matter) is connected to the LINE1 port of the Sipura.  I've got the setup working fine, and when I place a call from the phone on LINE1 to an X-Lite soft phone, via Asterisk 1.6, all works fine.  Voice quality on the call is perfect.  Now, I've been playing with MP3Player, using it to stream audio to an extension.  If I call the streaming audio extension from my X-Lite soft phone, I hear the mp3 file perfectly.  If I call the same extension from the phone on my Sipura LINE1, the sound is very choppy.  All these devices are connected on my local area network, so I don't think there is a networking problem.

To me, this is odd, because:

-          Voice calls placed from the Sipura LINE1 phone work perfectly

-          MP3 playing  from a call placed on an X-Lite client work perfectly

-          MP3 playing from a call placed on the Sipura LINE1 phone are choppy

I've played with various settings on the Sipura, with no luck in fixing this issue.