[asterisk-users] New Polycom SpectraLink 8002 Wifi SIP Handset

Julian Yap julianokyap at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 20:00:57 CDT 2008

Michael,

Nice review.  Can this phone be provisioned without using TFTP?  For
example, over the internet?  Are there other provisioning methods?

Does it always require user input to start up?  It looks like you need
to input the SIP login and password details every time?  That sounds
very cumbersome from an end-user perspective.  For example, if you
manually assign an IP address and TFTP server, then can you power it
on and start using it without further input?

- Julian